Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ice Cream for Breakfast


Who hasn’t eaten ice cream for breakfast (a few times!)? But if you eat RAW ice cream for breakfast – or lunch, or dinner, or all three – you can feel good about it, and its good for you.

My banana ice cream recipe is crazy easy, really yummy, and another good one for traveling – easy for non-raw folks to try, easy to make anywhere that has a freezer and food processor.

And for nutritional value, I’ll watch it go head to head with crusty old Cheerios any time!

Here’s my raw ice cream recipe, although it barely even deserves that name, it’s so simple:

3 bananas PEELED (don’t try to freeze and THEN peel, or you’ll get frostbite…I know from experience), cut into one inch chunks and frozen

3-4 tablespoons raw cocoa powder (I used 4 heapers…don’t tell)

And that is it. Throw the goodness in a food processor, and let it do its magic. Depending on how cold your freezer is, the mixture might be really crumbling at first. Let it sit and warm up a teensy bit, maybe like 3 minutes, and try again. It will turn into thick, custardy, chocolately heaven once it defrosts a little. Add a tablespoon or two of raw almond butter for an extra rich treat. Do it in a blender with ½ - 1 cup of water or coconut water, and it’s a milkshake!

Still traveling – I’ll post a picture of my raw banana ice cream when I can find a camera cable that fits!

Raw appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment