Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Of Course You Can Have the Recipe! Raw Tahini Dressing

Several people have been asking for the recipe for a raw tahini dressing I love to put on salads and greens, especially kale, and have made for a few parties recently. Other than just tossing a salad with a bit of apple cider vinegar, oil, salt and pepper, tahini-dressing is my go-to.
And its super easy!
I find my raw tahini in the refrigerated section of my health food store, but there are several brands in jars that you can find, typically with the nut butters. I've gotten raw tahini at Whole Foods, too, but regular grocery stores tend not to have it.
It's especially delicious with finely chopped kale, as I mentioned, although is also tasty with heartier greens for salads. I frequently make the dressing below, and use it on kale to make kale chips...even more yummy! If you don't have lemon, apple cider vinegar is a delicious substitute

So here's the recipe, which will dress a huge bowl of kale:
About 1/4 cup tahini
2-3 tablespoons olive oil (depending on how loose your tahini is...if it is on the more liquidy side, use less oil)
1-2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (or more or less to taste)
1/4-1/2 tsp sea salt
Plenty of black pepper, to taste

First, I whisk together the tahini and oil (with a fork in a small bowl), because adding the lemon first tends to make it clump up. Once the oil and tahini are combined, add lemon, salt & pepper, and you are set! Of course, adding other herbs and spices will make this even more delicious. Raw appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment