Saturday, November 20, 2010

What's for Thanksgiving? Butternut Squashage Lasagna, of course!


I'm still working on my recipe for Thanksgiving this year (better hurry!), and the other night I put this together...still need to tweak it before I post the recipe, but it was delicious! I'm calling it Butternut Squashage Lasagna...a butternut squash puree, with sage & walnut "sausage" bits, and a cashew shallot cream sauce. The "noodles" were thinly sliced & marinated turnip. The flavors all blended really nicely together, and the squash actually came out more delicious than I expected...YUM!
And a bonus....yesterday I added some water to the remaining squash, and threw it in the blended with the rest of the cashew sauce...and voila! Butternut Squash bisque for lunch!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wondered if you have a recipe for this yet. Looks SO YUMMY and Thanksgiving is coming up soon here in Canada. ;D

    HOPING...

    ReplyDelete