Friday, November 20, 2009

Too Amazing Not to Share!


Big news! I was just certified to teach Alissa Cohen Living on Live Food Classes, both Level 1 (a basic, getting started program) and Level 2 (advanced raw & live food prep, plus teacher certification for Level 1). I’m thrilled to start teaching – stay tuned for a link to class listings! If you have questions in the meantime, please feel free to email me at angelasalvucci@hotmail.com. Here’s a picture of me with Alissa…it was great to finally meet her, after reading and using her raw food guide & cookbook to get myself started on raw food, and I learned so much. I’m so grateful for the experience, and so excited to share it!

Meanwhile, here’s a recipe too yummy not to share! I learned it at a demo by Patricia Escoto of Inner-Workings at my health food co-op. I actually lost the original recipe, but I think I remember pretty well…

Harvest Soup

In a blender, combine:

1 large zucchini, chopped

2 cups of carrots, chopped or shredded

2 tomatoes, chopped

2-3 stalks of celery, chopped

2 dates

1 clove of garlic

1 teaspoon onion powder

1 cup of water or so (depending on desired consistency)

1/2 cup flax oil (or olive oil…I much prefer the flax, because I think it has a squashy flavor…you could use less, of course, if you wanted to make this lower-fat)

Salt & pepper to taste!

It actually looks like and is reminiscent of a butternut squash soup…delish! I’m planning on making it for Thanksgiving. As they say in France, raw appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment